Monday 13 January 2014

New Team and first training camp of the year.

Now the ball is rolling again, with no signs of stopping :)

Training throughout the winter has been going well. I have been given a target weight to get ti and was already there right before the new year started, brand new!! So why not endulge in the christmas festivities, would  have been to rude no too!!!

With two training camps booked up, the first in the beginning of January and the second in the middle of February, this gave me good opportunities to gel with my new team mates and get back to riding in fast, confident groups again.

The guys im racing with next year are great. Good quality group of chaps that are all just as eager to race and succeed as much as I am. We all had a fantastic time out in Lanzarote and gelled really well. 27.5 hours of training was a much needed and also welcomed kick up the arse to turn us into 'jongens' (Strong rider)

However leading up to the flight home I started to feel a bit pitted. The same as everyone else, but paired with a little bit of a sore throat it proved to be a sign for what was to come.
Basically I got the flu, and the way home was dreadful, probably one of the worst experiences flying I have ever had and dont wish to in the near and distant future. Slowly recovering now as I type it now backed off a bit to leave me with a nasty throat infection. Brillaint!!

We should be getting our bikes and kit soon so stay updated for pics.

Again we are all entirely grateful that a guy like Eric and the members of his staff at Richardsons in leigh on sea can help us out for this season.

Anyway, hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Years.



Cheerio!!

No comments:

Post a Comment