Saturday 28 November 2015

Long over due update. I would say a fairly successful season

Second season with Richardsons-Trek went under way in fairly decent form even though the tendinitis in the knee came back through a lack of rest, slight neglect in maintenance with gym work and dodging the foam rolling, But thanks to my Sister Zoe at Unique Sports Therapy and Kristian Whitmarsh at Whitty's Sport Therapy they helped me get back on track is super quick time.

I wont go on about how well my races went into huge detail but I am very happy with how its finished. Again I have had fantastic support from all aspect of the team. The managers, Shop, Sponsors, team mates and friends have all made these season, a season to remember. Not only because of the good results that were achieved but with the trials and tribulations that we had to endure.

Again I didnt get away without crashing this year. This time it was not my fault. No hands in wheels or trying to steer my bike with my feet. It came down to bunch sprint collision. No lasting injuries just a fairly f***** bike. Perfect prep for the National TT and Road Race the following week.


I will mention what I look at as one of my favourite results, the National Time Trial Championships. I had worked really hard on my time trialling this year and focused the majority of my training around this sticking to my training program religiously. It paid off. I placed 5th. The last four riders to start were the only ones to beat my time, all be it by a fair margin with Alex putting nearly 5 minutes into me but, still, I'm elated.
Warming up for a local club 10
Coming into the circuit for the finish at the Champs

This year I also took the first step onto the property ladder and bought our first house. It was so very stressful and frustrating but I am so happy to finally have my own home with my lovely girlfriend Paula. We also got our first living addition to begin our family and that is the lovely Cuba Libre the Working Cocker. He is so mushy. And a right Stunner.



To sum it up this has been a huge year for me, not only in the life of cycle but actually being a grown up and owning a house. 

No more rambling, ill just post a few photos now.

Keep an ear out for some good news in the near future though.....

Alan Rosner Memorial crits, 2nd

London Dynamo 'Summer' Road race, 1st

Chilling with my bro

Ken Wright Eastern Div Championships 1st

Woodbridge Crits 1st

A very teary selfie with sister, her BF Conor, Stuart and Ben at the London Jupiter Nocturne. Stayed in the front group the whole race and finished 10th!




No comments:

Post a Comment